For the fourth year running, Alcaidesa Marina has launched its series of "Discover your Port" guided tours, which are included in the educational activities that the City Council of La Línea offers to local schools.
As part of our commitment to the city of La Línea de la Concepción and our goal for young people to learn more about the yachting world and the environment, we have prepared these guided tours that we are now offering to local schools. We also firmly believe that they will bring the community closer to the world of sailing and environmental protection from a fun and entertaining slant.
What's more, Alcaidesa Marina is keen to raise awareness among young people by engaging the new generations in the care of the environment, a very important issue at our port. As an example of this, we are honoured to hold the Blue Flag award, with the commitment that this entails in both environmental education and protection.
Local schoolchildren will enjoy guided visits of the port in April, May and June 2017, learning about the importance of environmental protection in the marine ecosystem and the sporting activities held at the Marina.
This year, we are going to receive the visit of 241 Year Three pupils split between 12 groups from various schools in the city.
The goals of the activity are as follows:
· To introduce children to water-based sports.
· To raise the level of environmental awareness and marine protection among local children.
· To recognise marine species found in the Strait of Gibraltar.
· To identify environmentally-sensitive areas in and around the port.
· To show children how the port operates in terms of waste generation and management.
· To raise awareness about environmental codes of conduct when sailing on boats.
Since the activity began in 2014, we have been visited by 970 students (427 in 2014, 282 in 2015, and 261 in 2016).@!@SMARTY:1:SMARTY@!@@!@SMARTY:2:SMARTY@!@@!@SMARTY:3:SMARTY@!@