Key Dates and times (keep your watches on European time):
- 8th August 2019 between 17:00 and 18:00 – Meet at Queesway Quay Marina car park to collect your free case of beer. This is the only distribution we will be doing. If you can't come send a crew member or friend. This person must know the name of the yacht and name of the skipper.
- 22nd August 2019 at 20:00 – Meet at Lounge Bar at Alcaidesa Marina for Skippers' Briefing. There will be drinks and tapas hosted by Alcaidesa Marina Management. Alcaidesa Marina have also offered free berthing for the night of the 22nd August – please note that although there will be a berth for every boat there is no guarantee of electric or water connections.
- 23rd August 2019 at 11:00 will be the start of the rally. Assemble with plenty of time off the western end of the runway by the yellow runway centreline buoy. The start line will be formed by the yellow mark and hopefully as in prior years by a patrol boat from the Royal Navy Gibraltar Squadron.
- 23rd August 2019 (evening) once all or most of the yachts have arrived and are safely berthed we will break out the cava – somewhere near where the boats are berthed.
- 24th August 2019 at 19:30 Assemble in your Fancy Dress outfits. There will be a prize for the best fancy dress. We will be going to "El Chiringuito" restaurant disco for a tapas dinner hosted by Tanja Marina Bay management. There will be some wine and water to go with dinner but softs, spirits, beer or more wine can be bought at the bar. On this evening we will hold the prize giving, auctions and raffles. PLEASE BRING LOTS CHANGE IN MULTIPLES OF £5 OR €5 NOTES to buy raffle tickets. The disco ends at 01:00 on the 25th but you can then move (those who can) to the 555 nightclub. All other times are free for you to explore the exotic city of Tanger.
- 16th September at 20:00 A free drink at the Waterfront Restaurant conservatory at Queensway Quay courtesy of Anglo Hispano Ltd., for a viewing of a slideshow of the very best rally photos that YOU took! You can then stay for further drinks and a meal if you wish. I will!